Monday, October 26, 2009

Part 2!!

Life perception #4) People come and go, get used to it. I have a best friend, well, had is more like it. Her name was Kelly. Literally since the day we met, we were inseparable. Picture Siamese twins connected at the hips! Yeah, that close. We meant business. Everything we did, we did together, everywhere we went, we went together, and all of the secrets and “bff” moments, were together. Kelly was the best friend I always dreamed of. She was the best friend who appreciated you back, the exact same way you appreciated them. I grew up in Sacramento, and growing up I had a group of close friends. The group consisted of about 10 really close friends, and because the group was so big, no one really had that one BEST friend, you know the one’s you’d hear about in happy stories, or in Disney movies. We were a tight-knit family who were always around each other for the first 10 years of our lives. I always wished that one day I would have a TRUE best friend, the fairytale one. Where you would be their #1, and they’d be yours. Kelly was that #1 in my life, and up until the middle of high school, everything was, well, peachy, as some would say.

I heard a saying about how throughout high school, the friends you have will not be the same people they once were. I have to say that I can’t agree more. Kelly had her friends at Clarke James High, and I had mine at Pine Woods High. We grew apart and when our once cherished encounters happened daily, daily turned into bi-weekly, which turned into monthly, which turned into semi-annually. It’s safe to say that the friendship had come and go faster than Hurricane Katrina, of course with a smaller volume of water and slightly slower winds. She came on a trip to Houston with me and my family. The trip was booked, literally, 1 day before we left. It was the best trip and I’ll surely never forget it.

So people really do come and go, and its finding the one’s that stay are the real treasures.

Life Perception #5) “Don’t keep all your eggs in one basket” because it will more than likely bring you back to square one. Picture this, you have three bottles, each can hold one gallon. You have 1.5 gallons of water, are you going to put all of that in one bottle? Ok so my example isn’t very catchy or clever but if you think of it, the people who are most successful in life have set aside a variety of options and don’t just focus themselves on one option. Of course this doesn’t apply to all aspects in life, there are a few things that need full concentration and appreciation. Like for example, a marriage. That needs to be exclusive and having a variety of options will smash that bond faster than your wife is smashing those dishes.

Everyone has options, dreams, goals and wishes. The world today has lead us into believing that we can reach our dreams and on the other hand they’ve also consistently told us to go for reality, and that dreams are just “too impossible” to reach. Well I know I’m not going to give up. Yeah I know that there are risks and that the chances of actually achieving your dream (depending on how realistic and competitive it is) are very slim, but why not go for it? You have nothing to lose! So go through those options and feel like an adult, that’s right. I said that bitter, all feared word.

There’s this job I want right now, it’s a pre-University dream of mine, and I’ve tried as hard as I could to make my application seem catchy and appealing. Now, even though this job is my main goal in sight, I still have to a) complete high school, b) get a job NOW, c) apply to University/College, and so on and so forth. For my future, yeah I’m going to be going for my dream job and my dream life, but I’ll also have back-ups so if I fall, I won’t hit the ground hard enough to pass out, metaphorically speaking of course.


Life Perception #6) Life’s a Bitch, get over it! Ok so maybe I’m a bit harsh there, but life can be horrible but it can also be beautiful. This relates very much to the balance theory I had. Maybe for some, its unbalanced to an obvious extent, but if you just give up, then why should you be complaining? There’s been great people in the world who have been in the shit pool but have been able to climb out, and make a life for themselves. No one will do your life for you, its all you. “Oh my god my life sucks!” a girl said as she walked out of her 2010 BMW with her $500 purchases, and into her $550,000 house. Yes, I agree. Your life sucks! I’m so sorry you broke your nail and your ipod died! Yes, that right there SPELLS s-u-c-k. Now, comparing someone to the real people in need might be belittling to the comparison (i.e. Starving African children) but what defines a “sucky” life? Are there any criteria for this? Well its probably opinionated and in my opinion, I believe a life that truly does suck, is one where the person is either always unhappy and has no way of getting out, where someone’s living beneath the standards of living and are unhappy about it, if someone’s thrown into circumstances which they had no control over- i.e. War, famine, prisoners of conscience, etc. I don’t think having a bad day necessarily results in a horrible life. I mean sure, money isn’t everything, but its what keeps us healthy and living with shelter, food, cleanliness, and usually mental stability (which can be debated.) So yeah, life sometimes can be a burden, but overall, life, it’s beautiful. Finding that beauty will make you more appreciative. Try it sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment